- The problem with Helium filled drives is that all your music now sounds like the Chipmonks | geek.com
- Craig Wright revealed as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto - BBC News. | bbc.com
- Terrifying Wi-Fi hotspot name causes chaos on Qantas plane. | mashable.com
- C.J. Cregg Rides Again as Allison Janney Briefs the For-Real White House Press Corps | Decider | decider.com
- Donald Trump: 'Always be around unsuccessful people because everybody will respect you' - POLITICO. | politico.com
- Federal Reserve rate decision: Latest news. | cnbc.com
- You'll laugh, You'll Cry, It's better then Cats! | Odd Couple You're So Vain. | youtube.com
- Tonight's Powerball is $228 Million Dollars | Woman arrested for defecating on boss’ desk after winning the lottery | thevalleyreport.com
- I've Been Receiving Emails from Saints
Since I'm in tech and, in a former life, was a hiring manager, I'm on a number of mailing list for recruiting firms and receive several emails a day with lists of people who are available for work. Yesterday, I received an email from Dominic Savio. When I opened it I thought to myself, "self, that's the name of the boy saint who was a student of St. John Bosco, interesting coincidence", and went about my day. Today I received another email from the same firm from "Maria Mazzarello" who shares a name with another student of Don Bosco's; St Maria Mazzarello who founded the Salesian Sisters. A little digging though my email shows me that every email I receive from this firm comes from someone with the same name as a Catholic Saint.
The firm is based in South Asia (like most IT recruiting agencies these days), and I understand that sometimes the client relations folks in these firms will take European sounding names in order to better connect with their clients but I find it interesting that they are using Saints' names.
- Katz's Deli Just Cut a $17M Deal to Stay at Their Historic LES Location | spoiled NYC. | spoilednyc.com
- 10 Easy Non-Technical Secrets to Taking Better Photos. | huffingtonpost.com
- Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg. | telegraph.co.uk
- I'm waiting for them to start a matchmaking service based on DNA | DNA Test Measures Couple Compatibility | newyork.cbslocal.com
- Bank with No Firewall. That's How Hackers Managed to Steal $80 Million. | thehackernews.com
- Donald Trump called, he want's us to "respect the voters' wishes" | kxan.com
- Hacker Installed a Secret Backdoor On Facebook Server to Steal Passwords. | thehackernews.com
- Atari still exists, thinks no one else can make a “Haunted House” game. | arstechnica.com
- I'm glad that Tubman is going to be on the $20.
I am concerned that if inflation for the next 4 years looks the same as the last, in 2020 the $20 bill will be worth $18.46 in today's money.
- For those keeping score...
princeisalive.com was registered today at 1:26PM EDT.
- When weighing options Peter King is far scarier then Ted Cruz | [Peter King] Will "Take Cyanide" if Cruz Wins Nom | nbcnewyork.com
- We all lie, scientists say, but politicians even more so. | bigstory.ap.org
- Security This Week: Tax Day Is Near, and the IRS Is as Hackable as Ever. | wired.com
- Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill. | nytimes.com
- Billions of cicadas will ascend upon the northeastern United States as another 17-year cycle concludes. | washingtonpost.com
- Revolving Rules: Who goes first through a revolving door? - The Emily Post Institute, Inc. | emilypost.com